Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cutie Pies Sweet Read Valentine Book Tour


Next week, I will embark on my Cutie Pies Sweet Read Valentine Book Tour. I have been focussing on bakeries, since my main character has a pie shop. My first stop will be at the cutest little place called Babycakes Cupcakery in Abingdon, VA.
http://www.babycakescupcakery.vpweb.com/

Babycakes is tucked inside an old home that also houses a bookstore and coffee shop. The inside of the cupcakery is decorated in a whimisical style that can put a smile on your face the moment you walk in.
The owner of Babycakes is Natalie Shortridge, a mother of three with a passion for sweets. When I dropped by last week to take fliers for my book signing, it was about an hour before the time that Babycakes was officially to open its doors. I know the cupcakes are fresh because I could smell them baking as I walked in the door.
After I ran my errands for the day, I went back to Babycakes so that I could take a box of cupcakes home. It was hard to choose from the variety that was beautifully displayed on tiered cupcakes stands. I wound up with a red velvet, strawberry, s'more, coconut, chocolate gnache and peanut butter cup.
Natalie placed the cupcakes in a pretty pink box, which I opened as soon as I got in my car. The red velvet was gone before I even got out of the parking lot!
If you are reading this and live in my area, I hope to see you at Babycakes on Thursday, February 4 from 10am-1pm. You can take home a sweet read and a box of cupcakes!
While we're talking cupcakes, here is a site with all kinds of fun cupcake themed merchandise:

No comments: