Tuesday, December 8, 2009

No Can Post

Thursday: Fell down one tiny step and sprained my foot in same place it ALWAYS sprains.

Saturday: Mom got appendicitis.

Saturday/Sunday am: Mom had appendectomy.

Ever since: Tooling around hospital in boot and wheelchair, staying with Mom all day.

She should be coming home today or tomorrow, and I'll be at her house until she's back up to speed. I'm managing to take it relatively easy while looking after her. Plotted a story yesterday while she slept.

She's on a liquid diet right now, and the dinner tray I ordered for myself turned out to be chicken-fried steak, her favorite dish in all the world. If that doesn't qualify for a 'FATAL FOODIE' post, I don't know what does.

MA

3 comments:

Dana Fredsti said...

OOoh, I hope your mom's recovery is a smooth one!

Donis Casey said...

You and your mom have my sincerest sympathy

Gayle said...

Bless your heart! I hope everyone is on the mend by the time you read this.