Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cutie Pies Bakery Book Tour


Will four bakeries in two weeks equal five extra pounds? I am about to find out.

This coming Friday will mark the offical debut of my third book in the Cutie Pies Chronicles and the kick-off of The Cutie Pies Bakery Book Tour. Since my books' main character owns a bakery called Cutie Pies, my publisher and I felt that a bakery book tour would be perfect.

First stop will be a little bakery in the historic town of Jonesborough, Tennessee. Jonesborough is a must-see for anyone visiting east Tennessee. It is Tennessee's oldest town, complete with lovely old buildings, brick sidewalks and a National Storytelling Center.

The bakery is called Another Touch. I have long been addicted to their cupcakes that are covered in a thick layer of buttercream frosting.
http://www.anothertouchbakery.com/

The second stop will be at a little spot called Cranberries in Johnson City, Tennessee. They have all sorts of sandwiches, salads and quiches. There is also a beautiful case of bakery items. My weakness at Cranberries is their quiche with a side of salad.

Better add some intensity to my workouts! I think I'll be taking in some major calories on this book tour.

3 comments:

Chris V. said...

What a fun original idea! Bet you get some good press on that. How many bakeries get an author?

Dana Fredsti said...

Wow, Lisa, I would SO love to follow your tour in person...

Lisa Hall said...

This has been a fun book tour. The press has been kind. I think it's such a novelty, that it's interesting to folks.