Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Contest Results

Nobody guessed what my costume was, in spite of all my hints:
  • I'm all in black
  • sparkley
  • lots of flowers
  • Jiminy Cricket included
  • I'm the title of a book, non-fiction but reads like fiction, published in the latter half of the 20th century
Here are the guesses, in no particular order, some made before various clues were posted:
  • witch
  • pumpkin
  • Audrey Hepburn
  • Emma Kalanikaumakaamano Kaleleonalani Naea Rooke, Queen Consort of Hawaii
  • Carl Sagan's BILLIONS AND BILLIONS
  • psychic
  • Mother Nature (2 guessed this)
  • wizard
  • THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
  • fortune teller
  • Mercury in retrograde
  • the universe
  • Minerva McGonigal from Harry Potter books
  • creation
  • Ann Rice
  • Nancy Pearl, librarian to the stars
  • The Witch's House in Hollywood (also known as Spadena House, a nice guess, since the title of my story in the prize book, THE GIFT OF MURDER, is "The Spirit of Spadena Street"
  • Children's Classics
  • a nightmare catcher
  • Serafina Pekkala from THE GOLDEN COMPASS
  • Carl Sagan's COSMOS
Since nobody guessed correctly, I put all the incorrect guesses into a pile and closed my eyes and wuzzled them around (the guesses, not my eyes) and picked one.

And the winner is...witch (generic), submitted by Chris V!

MA
p.s. I'm writing my brains out on NaNoWriMo. Wheeee!

3 comments:

Chris V. said...

Hey cool! Thanks, Marian, now I realize what the email was. I entered a few contests. Very cool!

Dana Fredsti said...

So what WERE you supposed to be?!

Marian Allen said...

Oh, yeah, I left that part out, didn't I?

I was MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL.