Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Caramel-Coated Heartbreak

My vision of spreading Halloween delight through tiny apple balls covered in sweet coatings (see last week's post) was spoiled by a wicked sickness that has been haunting my house. One of my daughters had been sick, but seemed much better by Wednesday morning. I sent her back to school, only to have her fever return by the afternoon.
The next couple of days were marked by missed Halloween events (Trunk-r-Treat, school party) and a doctor visit. It was quite tragic in the eyes of a five year old.
Luckily, she was well enough by Saturday to go trick-or-treating. Incidentally, I had gotten sick by that time. In fact, I felt so bad that I only cranked out a fraction of those fifty-or-so candy apples I had so grandly planned.
Now, I'm left with a cough, bags of apples and more caramel than I need. Wonder if a tray of caramel apples would be welcome at Thanksgiving dinner?

1 comment:

Donis Casey said...

I'm so sorry you're sick, but I have to say that "Caramel-Coated Heartbreak" is a great title for a novel.