Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

[Cue the music to Billy Idol's White Wedding]

Hey, little sister, what do you want?
Hey, little sister, where's your bargain at?
Hey, little sister, shop now!
C'mon, it's a nice day for a Black Friday!

Okay, so I'm feeling punchy this morning. Chalk it up to too much food yesterday. Plus, I've already gone through my first Diet Coke of the morning and done most of my Black Friday shopping.

Did I get up and trudge out in the cold at 4 a.m. to stand in line at area retailers? No way! I'm too lazy for that. I got up at 8 a.m. to sit in front of my computer in my pjs.

I've been shopping at Sephora and Bath & Body Works. I started to shop online at Books-A-Million, but I'm thinking I might actually go by there later today when I think the crowds might've waned. I've already printed off a coupon for $5 off $25 for an in-store purchase.

If, like me, you'd rather shop Black Friday deals at home in your pjs, check out the deals at
http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/.

Plus, don't forget my Twitter contest ends today! Be sure and get one more entry in. I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow morning. C'mon, it's a nice day to . . . win a gift!

As Tigger would say, TTFN (ta-ta for now). I'm off to have another Diet Coke and try to figure out why spending Thanksgiving at my parents' house has driven me back to the '80's.

3 comments:

Lisa Hall said...

I am so impressed with your shopping tenacity! The Billy Idol reference takes me back to the eighties. Still love his music!

Gayle said...

After venturing out, I'm even more convinced online shopping is the way to go. When I got to Books-a-Million, they didn't have what I was looking for! :-(

Dana Fredsti said...

Heh. The picture made me smile, Gayle. I love that song... I admit I avoided Black Friday. No money to shop right now and the thought of getting up early to stand in line... ugh! If I WAS gonna spend money, yours is the way to do it!