Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Corny Fall Fun

I love this time of year. It makes me think of pumpkins, caramel apples, colorful leaves and corn mazes. If you have never been to a corn maze, I highly reccomend it as a good way to spend some time outdoors in the crisp, autumn air.


Last night, my family had the pleasure of attending a perfect little corn maze birthday party for one of my daughter's friends. There was a large field beside the entrance to the maze, where the kids enjoyed a picnic. The children sat on a blanket where they dined on a kid-friendly dinner of hotdogs, cheese sticks, and cinnamon applesauce. Grown-ups liked the dinner, too!


Once the kids had eaten, we all went into the corn maze. As we ventured further into the maze, the corn stalks got taller, and the maze became trickier. Getting lost was half the fun! Luckily, with the help of a corn maze employee, we found the end of the maze.


The maze adventure was followed by a hayride through the woods. Following the hayride, we all headed down to the local Dairy Queen to have yummy ice cream cake.


I cannot think of a more perfect way to do an autumn birthday party. This is a great idea for any child who has a birthday in the fall, or just a group of friends who would like to have a little fun celebrating the season.

Next week, I am looking forward to a corn maze/Mexican food night with my girlfriends. Could I get any more corny?

Here's a link about one of our local corn mazes:

http://www.fendersmaze.com/

1 comment:

Dana Fredsti said...

That sounds so fun, Lisa!