Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Fell in Love with Joe


Something happened during my recent trip to Cleveland that has left me with an itch I cannot scratch, a thirst I cannot quench and a desire I cannot indulge. I had long heard of Trader Joe's, but had never had to opportunity to shop at one.
http://www.traderjoes.com/
When my brother and sister-in-law invited me to tag along with them on their Trader Joe's excursion, I jumped at the opportunity. The store exceded my expectations with a great selection, very reasonable prices, cool displays and free wine samples.
My favorite purchase of the day was a jar of Trader Joe's Pineapple Salsa. I have enjoyed it straight from the jar with tortilla chips and wheat crackers. One night, I used it in a sauce that I put on a pork tenderloin. Last night, I mixed some of the salsa with mango chutney to use as a dipping sauce.
Unfortunately, I am almost to the bottom of my pineapple salsa jar. While I still have so many plans for using the salsa (mixed with cream cheese, a topping for grilled chicken), my supply of salsa is certain to dwindle before I can carry out all of my plans.
Since the nearest Trader Joe's is about five hours away, I will savor the last drops of my salsa and dream of the day I will go back to Trader Joe's. Joe, I will miss you and your salsa. I cannot wait to see you again!


4 comments:

Donis Casey said...

You make me realize how lucky I am to live ten minutes from a Trader's. I go there at least 3 or 4 times a week, for the samples if for nothing else.

Lisa Hall said...

I'm so green with envy!

Dana Fredsti said...

Oh, Lisa, I live at TJ's... I hope they build one near you soon!!

Gayle said...

I've never been to a Trader Joe's. I'll try to get a feel for the place via the website. (sigh) Donis, I still haven't forgotten you wanting Zero bars. Maybe I could trade you Zero bars for a virtual, via camcorder, trip to Trader Joe's. LOL!