Friday, September 11, 2009

Count me in!

I subscribe to the Bargain Babe's posts, and yesterday I got this offer in my inbox: Restaurant.com gift certificates ninety percent off! Naturally, I had to rush over to Restaurant.com and see for myself.

Frankly, I wasn't expecting much. I figured this was one of those too-good-to-be-true deals. I first searched within my zip code radius. There were two restaurants within my radius: Sagebrush Steakhouse and Fast Lane. Since Fast Lane is closer, I got two $25 gift cards for $10 each. I entered the promotion code NINETY, and my total dropped to $2. No shipping.

And now I wait. We've never eaten at Fast Lane, but I'm looking forward to checking it out. There was a menu at the Restaurant.com site, and it appears they serve some yummy stuff. There is a $35 minimum purchase and a 15% gratuity added on to the check; but our family of four can spend $35 easily. I got out the calculator and estimated our family would spend about $50 on the meal. Add the gratuity, and that would be $57.50 minus the $25 equals $32.50. Add the dollar paid for the gift certificate and the grand total would be $33.50. Not bad.

**happy dance** Loving me some bargains! **happy dance**

1 comment:

Dana Fredsti said...

Dang! I'm normally very leery of any of those deals that come in my email, but that sounds like one worth checking!