Tuesday, August 11, 2009

World on the Square


This past weekend, I participated in World on the Square in Corydon, Indiana. It will surprise nobody to learn that I volunteer in the International Tasting Buffet.

Local restaurants, Homemaker Clubs, churches and individuals donate food for the buffet, which is free.

This year, I made bratwurst and cabbage, from the German Leister side of the family. A friend of mine makes gaufrettes, or Belgian waffles. These are thin and crisp and sweet and beautiful. The recipe is at this wonderful blog called TATTING MY DOILIES, which totally cracks me up.

Anyway, the food ranged from quiche to moussaka to lasagna to taco salad to Greek salad to plain old watermelon. People of all ages loved the chance to try things they'd never tried before along with foods from other countries which have become familiar here.

A fine time was had by all.

MA

3 comments:

Dana Fredsti said...

I am now very hungry. And have NO idea what I want to eat after reading all those lovely descriptions...

Gayle said...

Is it just me or does "tatting my doilies" sound terribly dirty? I mean, I KNOW it means making lace, but still.... Maybe I'm just in a wicked mood. ;-)

Marian Allen said...

No, I'm with you, Gayle. Crocheting, knitting and tatting are, after all, about the yarn being twisted, no?