Monday, August 10, 2009

Short, but sweet


It's been a rough couple of weeks for me. I will not bore you with the details (heck, I find 'em boring and I've been suffering through them!), but I will share one of my favorite treats, something that's helped cheer me up when things have been rough.

I found an amazing Argentinian bubbly at a little store on Noriega. Quiros. Marked down from 19.99 to $5.49, this stuff is good. The owner of the store told me he'd bought a case to try, loved it, then found out the winery was going out of business. So he got all the rest of the stock for a steal and is passing on his savings to his customers. I like this guy.

The bubby is wheaty-gold in color and the taste is sublime. We have it with fresh organic raspberries, also bought at the same store. Then, after the raspberries have soaked in the bubbly for an hour or so, we enjoy the spiked fruit.

Ah, the little joys of life. :-)

2 comments:

Lisa Hall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Hall said...

Raspberries and bubbly sound so fun and decadent!