Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good, Wholesome Fun

The graham cracker was originally marketed as a wholesome food. Its inventor felt that eating graham crackers would keep people from engaging in carnal thoughts and activities. Little did this guy know that his humble little cookie/cracker would become the base for pies and other decadent desserts. The following recipe is so good! I made it this weekend and have gotten up in the mornings craving a piece of it:

Chocolate Eclair Cake

-Line bottom of a 9X13 glass pan with graham crackers
-Prepare a small box of French vanilla pudding according to directions (Sometimes I substitute a little Half & Half for some of the milk)
-Spoon half of the pudding over the graham crackers
-Put a layer of graham crackers over the pudding
-Add one more layer of pudding
-Frost graham crackers with chocolate frosting and cover top of dessert

I like to add an extra layer of frosting to seal up all the gaps between graham crackers. Crushed graham crackers over top of the frosting look nice as a garnish.

2 comments:

Dana Fredsti said...

Or seven layer cookies with the graham cracker crumb/butter crust... oh, now I'm drooling!

Marian Allen said...

Slurrrrp! Thanks for posting this recipe. I have a niece who brings this to every family get-together and I'm tired of knocking elbows to get a helping before it's all gone. lol! Now I can make my own.... Eat it all myself.... Hmmm...maybe not such a good idea....