Friday, August 7, 2009

Food for thought


Yesterday, my family and I went to Gatlinburg, TN. We had a lot of fun, especially in the Hollywood Wax Museum. That's Nicholas, Duane "the Rock" Johnson as the Scorpion King, me and Lianna. As you can see, my children are hammy. I think they get it from their dad. Yeah. . . their dad . . . that's it.

But "ham" is not the food for thought I intended to talk about in this post. After leaving the wax museum, we went to Fort Fun, a place where they have laser tag, 3-D movies, motion rides, gem mining (we each got a bag of rocks--whoo-hoo!), boogie bodies and mini-golf.

Here's the thing: As we were walking out of the 3-D movie theater under the black lights, I noticed a fingerprint on my shirt! It was as clear as could be. I was completely amazed. In the regular light (daylight and white lights), the fingerprint was invisible. But under the black lights, there it was. Only one. And it was in a weird position. Pointing down from the top of my shirt. It must've got there when I was putting the shirt on. My husband said maybe I had a little makeup on my hands when I put on the shirt. And yet, there was only the one fingerprint.

Naturally, I went in search of the use of black lights as fingerprint detection devices and found this: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/fingerprints-in-forensics-searching-for-invisible-fingerprints.html. And, of course, this will probably show up in a novel eventually. It's just too good to waste.

No comments: