Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More Death by Chocolate

Everybody calls chocolate stuff "death by chocolate". Sometimes it's justified, and sometimes it isn't. I have some ice cream by that name, and it's just chocolate folks. Just. Plain. Chocolate. Oh, it has a few almonds coated in a chocolate shell, but not so many it would kill you.

On the other hand, there's this microwave cake--not the one we've already posted in here.

MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE CAKE
  • 1 box super moist chocolate cake mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 16 oz sour cream
  • chocolate chips
  • chopped walnuts
Mix all ingredients (holding back some of the walnuts for topping) in microwave-safe bowl. Cover with microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 15 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a plate and top with chocolate sauce, powdered sugar, or whipped topping and the reserved nuts.

Now, when I made this, I used half a box of cake mix one big and one tiny egg, 8 oz sour cream and cooked it for 7 1/2 minutes. It wasn't quite done in the middle, which was a bonus, as far as I'm concerned.

Here's another chocolaty delight:

GOOEY THINGS
  • 1 package cream-filled sandwich cookies
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • melted chocolate
Crush cookies and mix with cream cheese. Form into balls and chill until firm. Dip part-way into chocolate.

I would guess any kind/flavor of sandwich cookies would do, and any kind of candy coating. The kind I had were chocolate cookies with white cream filling dipped in dark chocolate, and they were YUM!

How chocolate do you like your chocolate?

2 comments:

Dana Fredsti said...

Oh man, that microwave cake sounds yummy. I have a gluten-free chocolate cake mix my mom got me and I think I know what to do with it now... :-)

Lisa Hall said...

The recipe for the cookie things have me salivating!