Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Girly Food

Tonight, I am hosting a jewelry party. My friend Holly sells this really cool line of jewelry and many other accessories. Most of the items can be personalized:
http://www.initialoutfitters.com/
Such an event calls for some girly food. Here is my menu:
chicken salad on croissants
fruit platter
tomato tarts
brownies
This is my recipe for chicken salad. I don't believe I have ever been to a baby shower, wedding shower or any other gathering of women that did not include chicken salad.
Lisa's Chicken Salad (measurements should all be according to taste)
chopped, roasted chicken (I roast it in the oven with olive oil, salt, and pepper)
red grapes, halved
chopped pecans
mayo and sour cream (equal amounts)
dry mustard
Kosher salt
pepper
garlic powder
Enjoy with your best girlfriends!

1 comment:

Dana Fredsti said...

This whole events sounds like a lot of fun, Lisa!