Monday, April 20, 2009

Ravenous

It's unusually hot in San Francisco, having gone from the high '60s to the low '90s in the space of a day or so. I've been on an avocado with lemon (or lime) juice and a dash of pepper kick and it's the perfect thing to have during this heat, be it with chips, on toasted bread or scooped up surreptitiously by finger.

I must confess I did not get a post written for Fatal Foodies this week or for Make Mine Mystery (due yesterday) because I've been totally taken up by arranging a blog book tour for eleven authors with Ravenous Romance. The tour started Saturday and I spent the day glued to my computer, moderating comments and trying to keep the ball rolling. The tour goes for another 11 days and the schedule is here at the first stop. Some of the content is spicy, be warned! But if you're curious as to how one would handle a multiple author cyber book tour, I think I've provided an excellent example of one way to do it. I've also nearly killed myself and am behind on my writing, but... I'm proud of my results.

Now to go get another glass of cold water. The air conditioner is broken in our office and I only wish I could immerse myself the water instead of drink it!

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Hi, Dana:

Wow, you've been busy. I can imagine how trying it has been to coordinate the 11-author book tour. I think the Virtual Writers' Conference might be a bit more of a challenge than I'd first thought, too. But, you've given me hope.

Dana Fredsti said...

Gayle, prepare to tear some hair out and get REALLY irritated with people...but when all is said and done, you'll probably feel as happy as I do with the results. I just need some down time...

Gayle said...

And you need comfort food.... Yesterday after my son told me a student came to school on the 10th anniversary of Columbine with a butcher's knife and a baseball bat, I found myself in the kitchen eating everything that was not nailed down. Thank goodness, no one was hurt. By the child or my feeding frenzy....