Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Denny's Hits a Grand Slam!

The nightly news has become quite painful to watch. There are so many stories of people loosing their jobs, homes and hope. A couple of nights ago, I watched a story that really touched my heart and made me feel happy.
Recently Denny's restaurants offered a free Grand Slam breakfast to everyone in America. They were overwhelmed with customers, and later with e-mails from people expressing thanks and admiration for their generosity.
I love that the CEO of Denny's said "America needs a hug." He also announced that Denny's will be doing the free breakfast again. The CEO urges those who enjoyed free breakfast the first time to bring a friend in need to Denny's to "pay it forward".
America does need a hug, and so does the CEO of Denny's! Yes, I know that they have probably gained more in publicity than they spent on giving away breakfast, but I love the sentiment of this guy! We need more CEO's like him.
I have included a link to the news story, which I encourage you to watch. It will make your day!
The second link is for the Superbowl commercial that advertised Denny's free Grand Slam event.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/30/eveningnews/main4905060.shtml

http://www.inquisitr.com/17085/dennys-free-grand-slam-breakfast-what-you-need-to-know/

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Great story, Lisa. Thanks for sharing this GOOD news.

Dana Fredsti said...

It's so nice to read about something positive these days! Thank you, LIsa!