Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pie on Your Plate and Egg on Your Face

I have never traveled to Key West, but hope to one day. There must be something very magical about the place that has inspired men like Ernest Hemingway and Jimmy Buffett.
For now, the closest I get to Key West is making Key Lime Pie. This recipe is very basic and delicious. The filling will be yellow unless you add green food coloring:
one 9-inch graham cracker pie shell
one 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks (whites not used)
1/2 cup key lime juice
Combine milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie shell. Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Top with whipped cream and garnish with lime slices.
Now, here is what to do with the egg whites that are left from seperating out the yolks:
Egg White Face Mask
Mix eggs whites with a splash of white vinegar. Shake it up. Rub on face. Leave for 10 minutes and rinse.
Here's to good pie and tight pores!

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Lisa, every time you post, I want to come to your house for dinner. Or lunch. Or breakfast. Even just coffee and dessert. :-)

Lisa Hall said...

Give me a yell when you are up my way. I will fix something!

Gayle said...

I'll do it!