Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Greatest Diet Ever


Leaving the hospital with a new baby baby is quite a process. Although Skylar is my second, I was still a little rusty with newborns. Getting them dressed it quite a challenge. Once they are dressed they usually need to be changed which requires them to be undressed. Of course, once Mommy is dressed, the little one will want to eat.

Next comes a barrage of paperwork, which includes discharge instructions. Some of the instructions are a bit difficult to follow (Do not lift more than 10 pounds. Get adequate rest.)

Others are not so hard to do. My favorite instruction is that I am supposed to eat 500 extra calories a day because I am nursing. Best of all, these calories are burned off because milk production uses lots of calories.

I have spent some joyful afternoons coming up with ways to fulfill this extra 500 calories mandate. The calories are supposed to come from nutritious food, so it's not a total free pass. So far, I'm really into Laughing Cow Cheese on Triscuits. I've got three boxes of Triscuits on the shelf and bought Laughing Cow Cheese at a warehouse store. After all, I've got a lot of calories to consume!

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Look at that proud big sister! You have two beauties, Lisa. Thanks for posting the pic! :-)

Dana Fredsti said...

What a gorgeous pair o' kids, Lisa! And enjoy your extra 500 calories... Lucky thing!