Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What Have I Not Dipped in Chocolate?

Todd and I had a Valentine's Day date last weekend. We left Calli with my parents for the night and went to an awesome little cafe with friends.
Saturday, we'll have a sweet little dinner at home, that will include Calli. The menu will be:
peel-and-eat shrimp, filet mignon, baked potatoes, salad, and bread. This has become our traditional Valentines Day meal, because it's easy, delicious, and a bit special.
For a romantic dessert, I always love to serve a bunch of stuff dipped in chocolate. The process will begin with me spreading waxed paper across my kitchen island, then microwaving big pyrex bowls full of both regular and white chocolate chips. Strawberries are sort of the gold standard.. Another thing we love is marachino cherries, coated in chocolate. Be sure to drain them in a strainer to get rid of the juice, then dip them just as you would anything else. Recently, I had chocolate dipped pinapple slices, which were also yummy. Of course, you can also do pretzels, cookies, jef-puffed marshmallows, etc., etc. What doesn't taste better with a little chocolate?
It couldn't be easier! Dip your item in melted chocolate, lay on waxed paper to harden. All of these things are extra-good and pretty rolled in sprinkles, coconut, crushed nuts, or, if you need more chocolate, grated chocolate.

2 comments:

Dana Fredsti said...

Erm...can I come to your house on Valentine's Day? :-)

Lisa Hall said...

Dinner's at 5:30!