Monday, February 2, 2009

It's My Birthday and I'll Forget to Post 'cause I'm Ancient!

Heh. Not really. Ancient, that is. I just got caught up in deadline schedule over the weekend and forgot to post. But it IS my birthday and I'm also a bit giddy from surving yet another year!

So our economy is lousy right now...and my personal finances not great. So my boyfriend and I discussed how to save money grocery shopping and what kind of meals to cook that will a: be nutritious (no mac and cheese or Cup-o-noodles!), b: tasty, c: make more than one serving and d: be cheap!

Taco salad is always my first choice because you can get good ground turkey or beef relatively cheap and make portions small to last longer, with the side benefit of losing weight. But I would love to hear your ideas of good, inexpensive and tasty meals that won't result in eating nothing but white bread and other carbs!

4 comments:

Donis Casey said...

Happy Birthday, Dana. You're just a slip of a girl.

Lisa Hall said...

Happy Birthday!
When I make the meat filling for tacos, I mix in a can of fat-free refried beans.

Dana Fredsti said...

Thank you, Donis! Feeling a little creaky after b-day celebration of champagne and gluten-free cake (yum!), but it was worth it.

Lisa, good idea to make the meat last longer. I love black beans myself...

Gayle said...

Happy Birthday, Dana!