Sunday, January 11, 2009

Food? What's that?

A short post today, fellow Fatal Foodies. I've spent the last 10 days writing 6-8 hours to finish my WIP for Ravenous Romance and have been doing an average of 3,000 words a day. My benchmark output was 5,000 words one day and while I did take breaks to eat, I don't remember a lot of details about what actually went in my mouth during this time. I split a lot of breakfast sandwiches with my boyfriend (egg, jack cheese, double bacon) from George's Zoo, our local deli/market/coffee joint across from the zoo and four blocks from the beach. I also had donut samples, little day old bits of sinful goodness that allowed me to do the 'it's just a sample so it can't have any calories in it!' routine. We drank a lot of cheap yet yummy Cava poured over fresh raspberries...and I do vaguely recall making a mega batch of taco salad that lasted several days.

I CAN tell you I am celebrating meeting my deadline with a glass of extremely rich, spicy, fruit forward zinfandel: Fat Boy Zinfandel from Tobin James Winery in Paso Robles.

Now I am going to go collapse in a heap and savor the wine.


2 comments:

Gayle said...

Congratulations, Dana!

Dana Fredsti said...

Thanks, Gayle...
Just did another read-through and proofread/tweaking. My eyes hurt...