Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Sky Took Him


I am entirely impressed by Gayle’s Writers Planner.


It's not officially due to launch until January, but The Sky Took Him, the fourth installment in my "Alalfair Tucker Mystery" series, has been shipped from the printer already, and is available for purchase right now from Poisoned Pen Press, or on the B&N or Amazon sites.  I've posted an excerpt from the first chapter of the book over on my web site (http://doniscasey.com), if you'd like to read a bit of it.  Once you get to the site, just click on “About This Book” for the excerpt, or on “Reviews” to read the STARRED REVIEW Sky received in the December 8, 2008, edition of Publishers Weekly. (you can’t see me but I’m doing the Dance of Joy)  As usual, there is a collection of old family recipes in the back of the book.


I notice that things are pretty quiet on all the writers’ chat rooms and in most of the blogs I regularly read.  It’s the Holidays, Dear Readers, and I assume you’re all in your kitchens making wonderful goodies for all the family and friends who are visiting.  


Next week, I’ll post a recipe - maybe two - for the traditional Mexican and Southwestern Christmas dish, tamales.  It says good luck and lots of love to fix tamales on Christmas.  So go finish baking, make yourself a cup of hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows (or if you want to stick with the Mexican theme, cinnamon and chocolate), and curl up with a good book.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Your book looks terrific, Donis. And congratulations on that starred review. Whoo-hoo! :-)

Donis Casey said...

You can't see me, but I'm doing the Dance of Joy.