Friday, December 26, 2008

Joys of Christmas Past

Yesterday I did an Examiner post about the surprising paths to Christmas Spirit. I spoke about a once-abused-now-rescued-and-affectionate horse and a skittish stray cat. Today I'm concentrating on the joys of Christmas past . . . as in the joys of having Christmas behind us. In no particular order, they are:

* Christmas has passed, but New Year's Day isn't here yet. Still time to enjoy a few goodies without that awful eat-less-exercise-more resolution hanging over my head. And there's still time to enjoy the Christmas tree without dreading taking it down. When will they make a tree like those in The Grinch Who Stole Christmas that you can simply pull down like an umbrella, ornaments intact?

* Playing with the children and their new Christmas presents!

* Snuggling with my husband.

* Giggling with the children.

* Enjoying my new Christmas presents. I was up until one this morning reading The Book of Lies by Brad Meltzer. He's such a good writer. I love everything I've read by him so far.

* Imagining someone saying what I just said about Brad Meltzer about me. Or, how about this? Brad Meltzer saying, "That Gayle Trent is such a good writer." :-D

* Year in review shows where you see everything you've forgotten or paid no attention to earlier in the year.

* New Year's Eve marathons! I Love Lucy and Looney Toons. . . . Does it get any better than that?

* Christmas vacation!

No comments: