Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Broken Freezer was a Christmas Blessing

I tend to go extremely crazy in the weeks that preceed Christmas. In years past, I have begun baking and making candies right after Thanksgiving, and putting them in the freezer. The result has usually been a huge surplus of treats, and me scurrying around trying to distribute my arsonal of cookies and fudge.
This year, the freezer on our garage fridge went out right around Thanksgiving. At first, I was convinced that this calmaity would put a huge damper on my holidays. Without the extra space, I would not be able to try each and every recipe that I had planned to make.
I am now convinced that the freezer malfunction was a result of divine intervention. My baking and candy-making began last week. I made about half as much as usual, and still had all kinds of stuff for family and friends.
Little did I know that it would take a broken freezer to teach me that I need to chill out a little over the holidays! Fatal Foodies, if you tend to be like me, please know that the holidays will not be ruined if you don't do everything you THINK you're supposed to. Perhaps this realization is the best gift I have gotten this Christmas.

Merry Christmas! Hope you get some time to "chill out" with loved ones!

1 comment:

Dana Fredsti said...

Lisa, that's a great message and I so agree with you!