Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tea for You, Tea for Two, Tea for All Your Friends


Anyone who reads of my posts has become familiar with my daughter Calli. So, I include a photo of Calli in her Halloween costume. Besides a shameless opportunity to show off my little cutie, Calli's Alice in Wonderland costume leads into my topic/recipe for this week. The crazy tea party that Alice attended in this classic story reminds me of one of my favorite cold weather treats.
As soon as the air gets a little chilly, I love to drink a steaming mug of Russian Tea. My very first memory of having Russian Tea was as a child, when a friend's mom served Russian Tea and popcorn to us after a long day of playing in the snow.
The follwing recipe is so easy, and makes a wonderful gift for co-workers, neighbors, etc. Include a little note with directions on how to make the tea. There are many clever ways to package the recipe as a gift. I've received it in a small plastic container with the directions written on the lid in permanent marker. You can put it in plastic bags, tied up with pretty ribbon, pour into a jar decorated with Christmas fabric and raffia, or present the tea mix in a pretty mug.
Russian Tea
1/2 c. instant tea
3 c. sugar
2 c. Tang
2 pkgs lemonade mix
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
Mix ingredients. Three teaspoons for a cup of tea. Can be served hot or cold.




2 comments:

Dana Fredsti said...

Whoa, that is sugar, sugar and MORE sugar! And it sounds delicious!

Your daughter is adorable, btw!

Gayle said...

Thank you for posting the pic of Calli as Alice! Precious!!!