Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sufferin'

Well, I gashed open my thumb last night, trying to clean a candle out of a glass candle holder. What a dummy! My husband bandaged me up so now I have a wad of gauze and tape that looks like a mattress wrapped around my thumb. You know men--bigger is always better.

So I was going to make bread, but there's no way I can knead it now. :( We'll just have to wait--and just when I posted about my bread book and got us all drooling and stuff.

Time out for food and fatalities to say--VOTE! Vote for the candidate of your choice, but VOTE!

MA
waving a flag and cheering

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi, Marian

I am so sorry you were hurt. However, this comment is for more than just to commiserate (although that would be enough). The next time you want to get candle wax out of a holder, put the holder in the sink and run hot water over it. Do remember to keep an eye on it as you don't want the wax to go down the drain and possibly block it. Once the water is hot, push on the wax every few seconds (being careful not to scald yourself) to judge its softness. It won't take very long before the wax is soft enough to just push out of the holder. It works like a charm and even faster if you have a metal candle holder.

I hope you heal quickly.

Dana Fredsti said...

Dang, Marian, I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to make bread, but on the other hand, Kim gave us a nifty new way to get wax out of a holder. I was told to freeze it and then it would just chip right out, but have had mixed results with that.

trek said...

If you have a KitchenAid mixer, you can put the bread hook attachment on and knead the dough that way.

Hope you heal soon.