Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shish Kebabbing for Apples

My friend Jane and I met at Shiraz Mediterranean Grill for lunch yesterday. They have food TO DIE FOR! I'm serious, it is so good! She had the shish kebab--beef so tender, it melts in your mouth. Due to a mix-up, she also had a kebab of ground and spiced beef, which she shared with me. I had falafel which, for those who don't know, is chickpeas and spice formed into a ball and deep-fried, then covered in tzaziki sauce, which is like yogurt and cucumbers. Oh, MAN! We had a side of rice and lentils and, of course, baklava, that heavenly flaky honey-drenched pastry.

There were no apples involved, actually, but the title occurred to me and I couldn't resist it.

No, what I was thinking was that a kebab, that skewer, would make a dandy weapon. Is that a new idea, or has it been... er... done to death?

I know I could EAT myself to death at Shiraz.

2 comments:

Lisa Hall said...

There's some horror movie from the late 70's or early 80's where a woman feeds a man a shish kebab and stabs him in the throat. I wish I could remember the name of it!

Dana Fredsti said...

Lisa, I think I saw that movie, but I'll be darned if I can think of what it is... Now I want falafel.