Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Cowboy Hat Has Spoken


And the winner of the Unspeakably Stupendous Trick or Treat Drawing for a signed copy of The Sky Took Him is (drum roll) Kate Kelly Gallegos!  As soon as the book is released next January, I’ll be sending her copy along to her.


I want to thank all of you - Ruth, Irene, Carolyn, Corey, Margo, Cathy, Taunna, Janice, Dana, Gayle, Marian, Krysten, Pam, Annette, Lu Ann, and the two Carols - for your lovely comments.  I wish I could afford to send free copies to all of you.


What a strange and tiring time it’s been lately.  My signing at the brand new Queen Creek Library went very well.  They set up the authors at tables in the foyer, where every person going in had to pass right by us.  There must have been a thousand people at the event, so it was sort of like being in the middle of a cattle chute.  This Sunday, November 16, I’ll be participating in the 4th annual Authors and Auction Event at Four Points by Sheraton in Tempe.  If any of you are in the vicinity and would like to come by, check out the details at http://authorsandauction.com.


This is my last event for 2008, thank goodness.  I plan to put my head down and work, now, and the next time I appear in my official authorly capacity will be at the launch of Sky on January 17, 2009.  Until then, the holidays are coming and my thoughts and blog entries return to good eating.

P.S. Gayle, great tv interview.

3 comments:

David Fitzgerald said...

I love the photo, Donis! Bummed I didn't win, but I'll just have to buy a copy of your book instead. So there! :-)

Dana Fredsti said...

Er..David Fitzgerald being Dana. He's my boyfriend and every now and again our accounts cross wires...

Donis Casey said...

Hi, Dana. I'd be honored for you do read "Sky". And tell David I'd be honored for him to read it too!