Friday, October 24, 2008

I must not have good taste. . . .


Yesterday I got a link from American Cake Decorating with the winners of the 2008 Oklahoma Sugar Art Show. Granted, I said from the instant I walked into the exposition hall that I was glad I didn't have to be a judge because I couldn't possibly choose a winner. That said, I was so surprised that this cake apparently didn't even place!

The cakes that won are gorgeous, too. You can see them for yourself at http://www.americancakedecorating.com/slice/04-10/SliceIG_OSSAS08/gallery.php. But don't you feel sorry for whoever made this cake. . . and all the others? It makes me really glad I had to come home before seeing the awards. Don't you know many contestants left in tears? And I would have, too.

Okay, let's shake it off. It's Friday and we're not allowed to have a bad day today. It'll ruin the whole weekend.

Yesterday I worked on the "treat" I'm giving you for Halloween! I'm so excited. And I'm looking forward to trick-or-treating at everyone else's sites. We have some cool things in store for you next week. If you'd like to participate and offer a "treat," please let me know by Wednesday, October 29. If you'd like to participate by trick-or-treating, simply join us on Friday and click on the links. You don't even have to dress up. Unless you want to. Maybe we could give a prize for best costume! :-)

2 comments:

Marian Allen said...

Gorgeous cakes! I believe I would have stuck around to console the losers--"Oh, what a shame! I think your cake is beautiful. I bet it tastes as good as it looks...."

Cheri said...

I'm with you, I don't think I could have chosen the winner. Was the birds in the nest really a cake? WOW!

Thanks for having the idea of an online Halloween trick-or-treat.