Friday, October 10, 2008

Cupcake Bites

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/05/cupcake-bites-made-easy.html

Check these out. They're "cupcake bites" and are sort of a cross between a truffle and a cupcake. I was so desperate to try these that I went to the local cake/party supply shop and bought candy shell molds, peanut butter melts and light cocoa melts. I had a frozen 10" single layer cake in the freezer, so I sat it out yesterday morning and let it thaw. Yesterday afternoon I crumbled it into a mixing bowl, combined it with chocolate frosting and then made peanut butter candy molds. Rather than dipping the tops into melted chocolate, I put white chocolate fondant on top. My daughter came into the kitchen, saw what I was doing and yelled, "Dad, come and look! Mom's making Reese's Cups and putting blankets over them!" I didn't take pictures because my cupcake bites are ugly (so, see Bakerella's site for what they're supposed to look like). But, man, are they yummy! :-p

2 comments:

Marian Allen said...

Sounds like a lot of work, but soooo good! Wonder if I could con somebody into doing these FOR me...?

Gayle said...

Do you have kids? They'd probably enjoy mushing up the cake. :-)