Thursday, October 2, 2008

Almost Fall - Favorite Autumn Treats


It's almost Fall. I've already seen the trees start changing here in the Midwest. Pretty, but it's the one time of year I hate having several big maples in front. All those leaves!

Fall is a good time to sit and relax with some comfort foods. As the air gets crisper, what better way to spend an afternoon than with a good mystery novel, a cup of hot chocolate and some homemade treats? You decide which sounds good to you, but this time of year anything pumpkin sounds about right to me. Oh, don't forget that other fall/Halloween favorite - just gotta have some candy corn and mallow pumpkins!

I know I love to try different kinds of foods with pumpkin in October. For variety, I recently tried a pumpkin bagel with pumpkin cream cheese at Einstein Bros. Bagels. Yum!

I love pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins sound good, too. Check out a variety of interesting pumpkin recipes here.

Yes, guess I have a one-track mind about now. It won't stop until Thanksgiving, though. That's always great, especially since my nephew always makes fantastic homemade - you guessed it - pumpkin pie.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

I'm with you on the pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins, Chris. Yum!

Lisa Hall said...

I bought a big can of pumpkin today. Can't wait to try some new recipes!

zhadi said...

I love pumpkin spice muffins...Peets has a low fat ginger spice pumpkin muffin that tastes as fattening as you'd want...