Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Love Me/Loathe Me

Chocolate often comes up as a topic on Fatal Foodies, so I know you like it! You may either love me or loathe me after this post. You may love me if you become known as the person who "makes the best brownies". You may feel differently if you gain 5 pounds just by reading this post!
So with that disclaimer, I share the most awesome brownie recipe ever. It is adapted from a recipe that Paula Deen made on her show. If you get on http://www.foodnetwork.com/ as often as I do, you are already familiar with the fact the people write reviews for the recipes. I read the reviews before I make a recipe. People often give helpful hints that make the recipe better, or prevent a kitchen disaster.
Combining Paula's original recipe with the tips from reviewers results in the following:

Toffee Brownies
2 packages of brownie mix (each package should make a 13x9" pan of brownies)
toffee candy bars (enough to cover a 13x9" pan)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Generously grease a 13x9" glass pan
Make first package of brownie mix according to package directions
Spread batter in pan
Layer candy bars on top of batter
Mix second package of brownie mix according to package directions
Spread batter over top of candy bars

Bake @ 375 degrees for 45 minutes on center rack of oven.

THESE ARE SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! If you read the reviews for this recipe, people also suggest various types of candy bars.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

I'm one of the ones who love you! Thanks for sharing! :-)

zhadi said...

Lisa...you are evil. EVIL, I say!!!! Which isn't to say i don't love you. But you ARE evil.