Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Killing the Great Chefs of Europe

Long, long ago, I saw this movie called WHO IS KILLING THE GREAT CHEFS OF EUROPE? The killer sent warnings as to who would be next, using puns. This combined several of my favorite topics: food, mysteries and bad jokes. There were also some excellent performances, and good acting is yet another of my favorite things.

When I went to Amazon to see if I could find it, I discovered that it was first a book, SOMEONE IS KILLING THE GREAT CHEFS OF EUROPE by Nan Lyons and Ivan Lyons.

My question is: Why change the statement to a question? Why change "Someone" to "Who"? Did they think people would think it was a documentary? With a poster like the one at the right?

I remember it as a very good movie, with some laughs and lots of good food preparation. I might check at the library and see if I can get it out. And I might very well buy a copy of the book, too, to see what else Hollywood changed.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Great post, Marian! Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I haven't seen the movie, but I'll be looking for it. (I don't have time to read the book right now, but let me know what you think of it.) :-)

zhadi said...

I loved that movie! Thanks for reminding me about it - it's a great one to Netflix.

And I thought I'd post-dated my post for yesterday, but I'd saved it as a draft. It's up now...