Friday, August 1, 2008

Calling All Cake Decorators!

As many of you know, I've written a cozy mystery novel centered around Daphne Martin, a cake decorator. In conjunction with the book's release in October, I'm sponsoring a fun contest. Cake decorators can submit photos of some of their best work with a "love" theme (G or PG, please) to be considered for inclusion in an e-book. These could be wedding cakes, Disney princesses, Valentine's cakes, etc.

I think it would be cool if decorators spoke a little about themselves and/or their techniques, too. The e-book will be released on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2009, and will include a forward from "Daphne Martin" and will provide links to the decorators' sites and/or information about their shops.

I know how hard cake decorating is, and I want to showcase some of you talented decorators. I spoke to the publishers (Bell Bridge Books) about this, and they said they might even choose a photograph from the e-book for the cover of the next book, tentatively titled "Dead Pan."

For more information, or to learn more about the e-book, please let me know. If you'd like to check out the book a little bit before you make up your mind, you can find out more at http://www.gayletrent.com.

Speaking of cakes, you guys have got to check out Cake Wrecks (http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/). I browsed this site and laughed until tears streamed down my face and I could not breathe.

4 comments:

Marian Allen said...

I'm ROTFLOL at the title of your next book--DEAD PAN is brilliant! The Bad Cakes site is a hoot, too. Thanks! --grin--

Chris V. said...

Oh you're killing me! that cakes site is hysterical!! Who'd think it?

zhadi said...

I think I'll just go straight to Cake wrecks. My cake decorating skills are...negligible...

Off I go!

Love your current book, btw. I'm still reading it (Reading online is slow going for me) but it's most excellent!

zhadi said...

Just went to the Cakewreck site...

...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! I love it!!! I should find pictures of the cake I made my little brother with a Captain Kirk doll in a loin cloth, Wonderwoman and Supergirl in fur bikinis at his side (he had a sword too) as they have to get past a wooden rhino to get to the treasure (I don't remember what that was) on the other side of hte cake, which was studded in Hershey's Kisses. Given the rhino, you can probably guess what the Kisses looked like.