Friday, July 4, 2008

Food Network Challenges


Happy Independence Day!

If you're like me and have to stay at home during Independence Day weekend (in our case, babysitting a dog that's terrified of fireworks), you might want to tune in to Food Network's Food Network Challenges. The first show is the $100,000 Chicken Challenge, and it airs July 5 at 3:00 p.m. e/p. I've seen this one already (it's a repeat, but it's a good one), and this show gave me such a craving for chicken salad with white seedless grapes.

The second show is the Princess Cake competition. This show airs July 5 at 8:00 p.m. e/p. I haven't seen this one, but I'm looking forward to watching it. Here's what the Web site says about the episode: "They are the most recognized Disney princesses on the silver screen. In this challenge, five of the country's top cake designers transform Snow White, Belle, Cinderella and Jasmine into 3-foot tall cakes."

Have you ever seen one of these cake competitions? They are fantastic! I love to watch them. All the competitors are great, but check out some of Mike's Amazing Cakes. And, of course, you probably already know about Duff Goldman of Charm City Cakes (Ace of Cakes). The flower basket above was created by Charm City Cakes.

A quick update about our Open Mic Night on Tuesday, July 15: several of our authors are donating books to give away that night. Be sure and tune in to win!

Have a wonderful Independence Day!

1 comment:

zhadi said...

I love seeing what other people can do creatively with various substances, be it sand castles or cakes. People create some absolutely amazing transitory art. I think that's the word I want...